Current Openings: Yoga Associate
Location: You & the Mat | Oakland
You & the Mat is a health & wellness company that operates independent yoga studios and fine art galleries for yoga inspired art with locations in Orange County and the East Bay of San Francisco, California. As an organization we strive to make yoga accessible to students, instructors, and the world at large through regular classes, art and live music events, mindful retreats, master teacher workshops, and Annie Carpenter’s SmartFLOW® teacher training program. To learn more about our company please visit our website at www.youandthemat.com.
You & the Mat is an equal opportunity employer, and we are currently seeking individuals who share a passion for yoga to support our growth in our new Oakland studio. Our mission is to create a space of calm, a respite for people to connect with themselves and disconnect from the busyness and stress of every day life. Our part-time associates inspire and curate this atmosphere from the moment clients enter our space. They are beacons of light with a joyful, but calm presence. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Warm and professional first impressions – greeting clients, responding to inquiries, information dissemination, and intelligent, knowledgable recommendations
- Hospitable and professional customer service
- Precisely checking clients in for classes, workshops & trainings
- Retail Sales – purchases, drop-in classes, workshops, etc.
- Prospecting and Membership Sales / Retention – works with our team of associates to grow membership.
- Studio Maintenance / Cleaning – work together with team of associates and You & the Mat work/study individuals to maintain an impeccable studio including practice & prop areas, common areas, and restrooms at all times
Candidates for our associate team must possess the following qualifications:
- Warmth, maturity, professionalism and integrity
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills
- Inspired and motivated self – starter
- Ability to multi-task and handle high-volume client interface
- Savvy with technology and social media
- Reliability, punctuality and interest in yoga essential
- Demonstrated sales / customer service experience required
- Some experience in the hospitality industry and mindbodyonline software a plus
- 1 year minimum commitment
- availability of 20-35 hours per week (including nights / weekends)
Special Application Instructions:
Candidates should submit via email (email@example.com) (i) a resume and (ii) cover letter for consideration. The subject line of the email submission should read: ATTN CAREERS/OAKLAND: Associate Applicant – LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. No exceptions. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.