The Path of the Sadhana; Do your Practice!
This first section establishes you in the roots and rituals of Yoga. Abhyasa means practice, or the effort towards aligning and re-aligning one’s attention to the present moment. We will employ the yogic practices of asana, pranayama (breathwork), and various methods of meditation as our elemental practice. You will gain a profound understanding of the foundational asanas as alignment tools for safe physical practice, and for yoking the mind to this moment. Asanas are presented as elemental, sustaining, deepening and as a means to return to center to illuminate the path of creative sequencing. In addition we will consider various ethical observances to inform and sustain our choices on our mats, with our students, and in daily life.
- Asana practice engaging body, mind and spirit
- The deconstruction of asana into primary movement principles for clarity of alignment and sequencing
- Functional Anatomy and Physiology: presented in short segments to support the movement and breath principles with relevance and meaning.
- Movement inquiries for evolving a keen and subtle awareness of Proprioception that you can awaken in your students
- History and Philosophical concepts of classical Yoga
- Essential Pranayama practices to refine attention and shift vital energy
- Dharana: multiple paths to focus your mind for contemplation
- Basic Sanskrit pronunciation for key concepts
- Yama and Niyama: learning and living the yogic ethical observances, on and of the mat
- April 20-30, 2017
Monday through Friday:
Saturday + Sunday:
- PART I PRICING: $1600 Super Early Bird (Paid in Full by 1/15) / $1650 Early Bird (Paid in Full by 2/28) / $1800 Regular (Paid in Full by 4/20)
- PART I and II PRICING: $3200 Super Early Bird (Paid in Full by 1/15) / $3300 Early Bird (Paid in Full by 2/28) / $3600 Regular (Paid in Full by 4/20)
- $1000 non-refundable deposit required
- PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST